On November 9, runners from all 50 states (and even abroad!) are coming to Maryland to participate in the Across the Bay 10K. CBF is honored to be one of four charity partners associated with this inaugural run.
The run begins on the western shore of the Chesapeake Bay Bridge and finishes with a post-race celebration at Chesapeake Bay Business Park on the eastern shore. Most of the course—4.35 miles—will be on the bridge itself overlooking the Chesapeake Bay. Since the bridge is closed to pedestrian traffic the rest of the year, this unique race sold out early, with 20,000 runners registered.
As a charity partner, CBF has benefited from unique fundraising opportunities. Generous supporters contributed $500 apiece to receive CBF charity race bibs. Additionally, local guitar manufacturer, Paul Reed Smith, donated a blue, hand-signed electric guitar to be used in a raffle to benefit CBF. Raffle tickets for the guitar and other items for purchase are available here.
Although the race is sold out, you can still be a part of this historic event! We need lots of volunteers to keep things running smoothly. Click here to learn more and to sign up to be a volunteer. The specific jobs CBF is responsible for filling are:
- Any job at the Expo on Friday, November 7, during the 12-3 p.m. shift
- Any job at the Expo on Saturday, November 8, during the 4-7 p.m. shift
- The following jobs on Sunday, November 9:
- Race Day: Spectator Parking—Kent Island High School (either shift)
- Race Day: Bus Loading—Annapolis (Navy-Marine Corp Stadium)
- Race Day: Bus Loading—Kent Narrows (Kent Narrows Shopping Center)
- Race Day: Start Area—any job listed at Start Area (Northrup Grumman Lot)
Click here for more information about the Across the Bay 10K. We can't wait to see you out there!
—Danielle Green, Membership Manager