Thank you so much for registering for the upcoming paddle on the Susquehanna River!
Tuesday, July 30
Safe Harbor Park to Pequea
4:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
**Children are welcome, but must be rising fifth-graders or older and accompanied by an adult.
This trip, hosted by CBF's own Susquehanna Watershed Education Program (SWEP), will be led by CBF educators Tom Parke and Pete Secka and local Native American expert Paul Nevin. The group will meet at the Pequea boat launch, and a shuttle will take everyone to the put-in at Safe Harbor Park (map and directions below).
All canoes and paddling equipment will be provided (note: unfortunately, due to insurance limitations, we cannot allow people to bring their own boats or lifejackets.)
We will be lunching along the way, and members are encouraged to bring a small lunch, but snacks and sodas will be provided!
Things to bring:
- River shoes (old sneakers work great – we will be getting our feet wet!)
- Fishing equipment (optional)
- Sunscreeen and a hat
- Bug spray
- Water bottle
- Completed Health Form
Please contact Kate Austin at 717-234-5550 or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. In the event of dangerous weather or very high water, we will not be running this event. In that case, we will contact you by e-mail and phone the day of the trip.
CBF contact on the day of the trip: 717-991-6932
Directions from Lancaster:
- Take South Prince Street out of the city.
- Turn right onto PA-324 S/New Danville Pike
- Continue to follow New Danville Pike (5.2 mi)
- Continue onto Main St (1.4 mi)
- Slight left onto Township Rd 420/River Corner Rd (1.3 mi)
- Slight left onto River Rd (1.1 mi)
- Continue onto Township Rd 418/Township Rd 419/River Hill Rd
- Continue to follow River Hill Rd
- Destination will be on the right
View Petroglyph Paddle in a larger map