Context of the Position
The Digital Media Intern will assist Hampton Roads staff with several potential media and communications-related projects. The intern will report to the Hampton Roads Director and work closely with the Virginia Communications Coordinator.
- Assist with photographing CBF events and programs in Hampton Roads
- Help record and edit videos
- Working with the Virginia Communications Coordinator and Hampton Roads staff, develop story ideas for Hampton Roads programs
- Under supervision, conduct background research
- Help gather content for social media posts
- Assist staff by taking notes at CBF events and conservation meetings
- Help draft copy for educational materials for CBF program participants and Brock Center visitors
- Aid in developing and executing plans to promote CBF programs and initiatives
Professional Experience and Qualifications
Successful candidate must be working toward an undergraduate or graduate degree and possess a specific background in communications, journalism, and/or public relations or a related field. The ideal candidate will be an experienced photographer with knowledge of photo-editing software, and an experienced videographer with knowledge of video-editing software. Experience with social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter are desired. Self-initiative, creativity, the ability to work independently, as well as with a team, and excellent written and oral communication skills are required. We seek a committed, creative thinker who is interested in learning about the Chesapeake Bay as well as furthering the Foundation’s mission to "Save the Bay."
This is an unpaid internship. Exact start and end dates are negotiable, but applicants should be available to begin the internship by mid-June.
How to Apply
To apply, please send resume, cover letter with a brief explanation of why you would like to intern with CBF, and 3-5 examples of your work (photo, video, and written) by April 1, 2018 to:
Chesapeake Bay Foundation
The Chesapeake Bay Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.