About the Chesapeake Bay Foundation
Celebrating its 50th anniversary, the Chesapeake Bay Foundation (CBF) is the nation’s leading conservation organization dedicated solely to restoring and protecting the Chesapeake Bay, our nation’s largest estuary. With over 230,000 members, an annual operating budget of $26 million, a $55 million endowment, CBF’s 185 full time staff work in offices in Annapolis and Easton, MD; Richmond and Virginia Beach, VA; Harrisburg, PA; Washington, DC; and in 15 field education program locations across the Bay watershed
Context of the Position
Coordinates the administration and integration of all databases within the organization, including but not limited to Fundraising, Grassroots, Education, HR, Payroll, and Web-based databases. Chairs steering committee to work with all CBF staff to determine their data and information technology needs and helps solve those needs through technology. Administers CBF’s enterprise CRM system, performing all required support and maintenance to ensure staff have access to and the ability to use the system. Provides support to all CBF reporting platforms including the creation of new reports and dashboards
1. Perform basic administration of all CBF databases.
- Perform end-user maintenance and backups as needed.
- Stays updated on upgrades to enterprise CRM system and performs upgrades to in-house databases.
- Conduct file transfers, imports, and exports.
- Negotiate with vendors for upgrades and new products.
- Troubleshoot database problems and linkages.
- Ensures data is kept updated and clean through a variety of methods including validations, automations, and data appends.
2. Establish database policies and procedures; run reports.
- Chairs Enterprise Data Steering Committee.
- Develops import and export routines.
- Designs security measures; document procedures and distributes to all CBF staff.
- Document SOP, database systems, and administrative tasks.
- Design strategies for maximizing database effectiveness and use by the organization; coordinate these with other CBF staff.
- Conduct strategic planning relating to database structure and design for future use of the database systems by CBF.
3. Establish and execute Integrations, upgrades, and migrations of databases.
- Establish goals and objectives in consultation with other departments.
- Design plans for the integration of databases and maintain current integrations.
- Design plans for improvements and upgrades for current database systems. Suggests new technology that can benefit staff in their use of the current database systems.
- Coordinate scheduling of upgrades and maintenance in harmony with daily tasks of other departments.
4. Supervises the GIS Analyst and Outreach Database Manager
- Sets work plan goals and objectives
- Provides on-going performance feedback and formalized annual feedback.
- Provides guidance and feedback on projects, initiatives and oversees daily duties and functions.
Professional Experience and Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree in computer science and two years’ experience in database administration; or the equivalent. In-depth knowledge of Salesforce administration, SQL, and other cloud based database systems and a strong reporting and analysis background. Knowledge of nonprofit business process, Crystal Reports, experience using Blackbaud’s Luminate CRM and Luminate Online as well as Salesforce Administrator Certification a plus. Uses specialized publications to keep abreast of new technology developments, as well as changes to and advancements/upgrades in existing technology.
How to Apply
To apply, please send cover letter, resume, and salary history and requirements no later than August 18, 2107 to:
Chesapeake Bay Foundation
CBF offers a comprehensive benefits package to include: 20 vacation days, 10 sick days, health, vision, dental, life insurance, and a tax deferred annuity plan. The Chesapeake Bay Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.