The Chesapeake Bay Foundation seeks a Data & Member Services Clerk to be based at their Philip Merrill Environmental Center headquarters located in Annapolis, MD.
THE CHESAPEAKE BAY FOUNDATION
The Chesapeake Bay Foundation (CBF) is the largest regional non-profit conservation organization working solely to save the Bay. Established in 1967, CBF has a staff of approximately 185 employees working in offices in Annapolis Maryland; Richmond and Norfolk, Virginia; Harrisburg, Pennsylvania; and Washington, D.C., and in 15 field education program locations. CBF's headquarters office is in the Philip Merrill Environmental Center, the world’s first LEED platinum building.
CBF has an annual budget of approximately $21 million and is supported by more than 200,000 members and e-subscribers. For more information on CBF please visit www.cbf.org.
CONTEXT OF THE POSITION
The Data & Member Services Clerk is responsible for maintaining a high standard of gift processing and quality control for the relational database and supporting the member relations program.
Essential functions include:
- Keys member biographical data
- Keys cash, check and charge contributions
- Processes daily lockbox file import, white mail and credit card donations
- Reviews and reconciles financial data
- Attaches member source documents to gift records using electronic filing
- Serves as back up for web downloads and daily deposits and other essential functions
- Adheres to data processing and data entry schedules and deadlines
- Performs other duties as assigned
Member Relations Support
- Sorts, reviews, and codes correspondence; forwards correspondence needing response to appropriate departments
- Answers incoming calls from members, prospective members, and the general public
- Provide assistance with retrieval of and response to member voicemail and e-mail box
- Supports other member relation functions as needed
- Processes returned mail address changes and other record changes as needed within RE records
- Provide administrative support to the Development Operations unit and other units within Development as needed, including but not limited to copying, filing, mailing, proofing, meeting set up, ordering supplies, maintaining spreadsheets
- Provide receptionist coverage for the Merrill Center on a limited basis
- Bundles and delivers stamped envelopes (BREs) for postal refunds and monitors BRE account
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
A high school diploma or equivalent is required. Must be experienced with handling large volumes of data with speed and accuracy. Data processing experience and accurate typing skills are required. Customer service experience is required. Must be detail-oriented and possess good organizational skills and effective verbal and written communication skills. Must be self-motivated, highly productive, and a good team player. Experience in Raiser’s Edge is preferred as is a working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Outlook.
To apply, please send cover letter, resume, and salary history and requirements no later than September 26, 2014 to:
Chesapeake Bay Foundation
CBF offers a comprehensive benefits package to include: 20 vacation days, 10 sick days, health, vision, dental, life insurance, and a tax deferred annuity plan. The Chesapeake Bay Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.