The Chesapeake Bay Foundation seeks a Human Resources Specialist to be based at their Philip Merrill Environmental Center headquarters located in Annapolis, MD.
THE CHESAPEAKE BAY FOUNDATION
The Chesapeake Bay Foundation (CBF) is the largest regional non-profit conservation organization working solely to save the Bay. Established in 1967, CBF has a staff of approximately 185 employees working in offices in Annapolis Maryland; Richmond and Norfolk, Virginia; Harrisburg, Pennsylvania; and Washington, D.C., and in 15 field education program locations. CBF's headquarters office is in the Philip Merrill Environmental Center, the world’s first LEED platinum building.
CBF has an annual budget of approximately $21 million and is supported by more than 200,000 members and e-subscribers. For more information on CBF please visit www.cbf.org.
CONTEXT OF THE POSITION
Responsible for the administrative support for all HR related tasks in the following functional areas: Recruitment, Retention, and Professional Development. Position also maintains employee and recruitment database, invoice coding and maintenance of employee benefit/personnel files.
Essential functions include:
- Assists with general benefit administration for Health & Welfare plans.
- Generates and distributes monthly Employee Assistance Program (EAP) topic posting, staff anniversary letters, HR metrics, and updates with the organizational chart and staff directory.
- Co-manages Lunch-n-Learns throughout the year to educate employees on a variety of benefit topics.
- Administers the content of the Hub to ensure staff communication materials are updated and accessible.
- Manages staff reservations for the professional development training tools through Business Training Library.
- Tracks all incoming mid-year and annual performance management evaluations to include score verification, attachment collection, and distribution.
- Completes all necessary mailings for department and organizes office supply orders.
- Creates and maintains employee personnel files, day to day filings, retention compliance requirements, annual audits, and longevity awards.
- Manages the post applicant process which includes distributing, printing, and filing of the resumes. Organizes and processes the distribution of special letters and thank you letters to all applicants. Inputs resumes and maintains database in Access/Mangrove HR System.
- Assembles of new staff binders with Welcome Letter and other new staff information. Manage orders for basket bottoms, name tags, and CBF shirt inventory for new hires.
- Coordinates the logistics of various interviews, meetings and orientations - ordering of food, reserving rooms and set-up, clean-up, and meeting material preparation.
- Provides back-up for any of the other HR roles/functions within the department.
- Perform other duties assigned which are substantially similar in scope, nature or character to those outlined above.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience. Three years of experience in human resources management. Knowledge of applicable state and federal HR laws. General knowledge of all department functions and operations. Good oral and written communication skills. Working knowledge of multi-level, tri-state administration. Must have a working knowledge of standard office procedures and be proficient in computer systems, MS Office software, HR software, Internet applications, ORG plus, standard office equipment, Mangrove payroll software, with Adobe LiveCycle Designer/Professional experience, a plus.
To apply, please send cover letter, resume, and salary history and requirements no later than November 27, 2013 to:
Chesapeake Bay Foundation
CBF offers a comprehensive benefits package to include: 20 vacation days, 10 sick days, health, vision, dental, life insurance, and a tax deferred annuity plan. The Chesapeake Bay Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.