Via Somers Cove Marina (Crisfield, MD)
From the Bay Bridge/Annapolis
- Take Route 50 East across the Bay Bridge towards Salisbury.
- Take Route 13 SOUTH toward Norfolk.
- Continue on Route 13 for approximately 22 miles.
- Exit onto Route 413 toward Crisfield.
- After about 15 miles look for the Somers Cove Marina sign in the median.
- Make a left at the sign and then your first right.
- Pull straight into the marina and look for the Loni Carol II.
Note for marina users:
Please ensure that your group picks up after themselves and leaves the marina gazebo and restrooms in clean condition.
Unless otherwise noted during the pre-trip call, the Loni Carol II will take you out to Port Isobel. The boat leaves city dock at 12:30 p.m. and will pick up from Port Isobel on the last day of the trip between 12:00 and 1:00 p.m.
Via Smith Point Marina (989 Smith Point Road, Reedville, VA)
- Take Route 17 South to Tappahannock.
- In Tappahannock, take Route 360 East for about 40 miles.
- Just before Reedville, look for Bay Motel on the right (Route 360 bears right).
- Bear LEFT and follow the signs for Smith Point Marina. (Do not follow signs for Smith Island Cruises).
- Cars and buses may park in the marina overnight. No parking pass is needed.
From points south:
- Take I 95 North to Richmond.
- In Richmond take Route 360 East.
- * Follow directions from Route 360 East above.
Unless otherwise noted during the pre-trip call, the Loni Carol II will take you out to Port Isobel. The boat will leave the city dock at 12:30 p.m. and will pick up from Port Isobel on the last day of the trip at 12:30 p.m.
All times and pick up locations are weather dependent and may be subject to change! Please contact Port Isobel directly (East: 757/891-2512; West: 757/891-2513) to verify ferry arrangements.
All pick ups after mid-October in the fall season and before mid-April in the spring season will take place in Crisfield.
If you are leaving vehicles in the parking lot at Crisfield, we will provide you with parking permits, which must be displayed. Please encourage participants to use the marina restrooms instead of the museum facilities. The marina facilities are located to the left if you are facing the harbor.