- Clean the Bay Day sites are starting to fill up all over the state. Reserve your spot now!
- Clean the Bay Day is the kickoff to Chesapeake Bay Awareness Week.
- If you participate at a state park, the park entrance fee is waived for the whole day.
- Be a part of something HUGE. Approximately 6,000 volunteers participated in 2016, removing about 138,000 pounds of debris. Help us do more in 2017.
- It’s only three hours. Start the first Saturday in June off right by giving back to the Bay.
- It’s a wonderful family activity. From stroller to wheelchair—anyone can participate! Make it a family day and stay to enjoy the fruits of your labor.
- You never know what you’ll find! Find and remove the most bizarre or largest item and enter our 2017 Clean the Bay Day photo contest to win a Chesapeake Bay Foundation swag bag.
On Saturday, June 3, thousands of Virginians will simultaneously work together to remove harmful litter and debris from Virginia streams, rivers, and the Bay itself at hundreds of sites all across the Commonwealth.
A Virginia tradition 29 years in the making, Clean the Bay Day is suitable for all ages, abilities, and experience levels. But because the event is so popular, sites do fill up. Now is the best time to register and reserve you or your group's spot for this significant event!
I hope to see you June 3! And don't forget—the registration deadline is midnight on Wednesday, May 31.