October 16, 2017
This picture of a Northern Fence Lizard with an ant on its head was taken at Jug Bay Wetlands Sanctuary.
October 13, 2017
At first glance, emissions from a coal-fired power plant in Kentucky, Indiana, or Tennessee would seem completely unrelated to the health of the Chesapeake Bay.
October 12, 2017
"Some people call 'em bunkers, some people call 'em pogies, some people menhaden; they're all the same fish."
October 9, 2017
The Bay and it's tributaries mean so much to me. I grew up on the Magothy River: it is my childhood of boats, swimming, and exploring!
October 6, 2017
The Chesapeake Bay’s number one filter feeder is not one of the first things that come to mind for most Eagle Scout projects.
October 5, 2017
An asthmatic child struggling to breathe on a hot summer day in Baltimore could be the victim of a coal plant in Pennsylvania, Ohio, or another upwind state.
October 4, 2017
Near the mouth of Norfolk's Lafayette River last July, a crane lifted a load of crushed concrete off a barge and released it into the water.
Our Blog October 2017
- Photo of the Week: Northern Fence Lizard
- This Week in the Watershed: Toxic Clouds
- Menhaden Monikers
- Construction of Atlantic Coast Pipeline Will Destroy Lands, Endanger State's Waters
- Photo of the Week: Peace on the Bay
- Scouts Come Together to Save the Bay
- The Trump Administration Doesn't Care About Our Air
- Lafayette Reef Shows That If You Build It, Oysters Will Come Along Just Fine
- This Week in the Watershed: If You Build It They Will Come
- Photo of the Week: Above the Bay
- Anglers for Clean Water Stories
- Clean Water Stories
- Earth Day
- Education Success Stories
- Farmer Success Stories
- Locally Grown
- Photo of the Week
- Slowing the Flow
- State of the Bay
- Student Leadership
- This Week in the Watershed
- Water Quality
- What's Bill Seeing in the Field?
The views and opinions expressed in the media, articles or comments on this site are those of the speakers or authors and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions held by CBF and the inclusion of such information does not imply endorsement by CBF. CBF is not responsible for the contents of any linked Web, or any link contained in a linked Web site, or any changes or updates to such Web sites. The inclusion of any link or comment is provided only for information purposes. CBF reserves the right to edit or remove any comments and material posted to this website and to ban users from the site without notice. Partisan, pornographic or other inappropriate content, product or service promotion, foul language or bad behavior is expressly forbidden and will be removed.