December 22, 2016
Forster's terns appear to be staging for their fall migration in late November.
December 7, 2016
Waterman David Melville harvests clams on "slick cam" (slick calm) waters near Gwynn's Island the day after Thanksgiving.
May 10, 2016
On a recent spring morning, I was fortunate to be in my skiff on Cat Point Creek, a tidal tributary of the Rappahannock River in Richmond County, Virginia.
April 17, 2016
The Great Egret is a large wading bird common to the Bay but residing largely along the Southeastern U.S. coast in winter.
What's Bill Seeing in the Field?
For more than 30 years, CBF Educator and photographer Bill Portlock has been exploring, documenting, and teaching the wonders of the Chesapeake and its rivers and streams. With his vast, intimate knowledge and experience with the watershed, we thought who better to check in with about what he's seeing in the field right now . . .
- This Week in the Watershed: The Bay's Bread and Butter
- A Historic Opportunity for Fish and Fishermen
- We Can All Take Steps to Address Climate Change
- Summer Learning Experience for Student Leaders Was a Time for Looking Forward
- Photo of the Week: Northern Fence Lizard
- This Week in the Watershed: Toxic Clouds
- Menhaden Monikers
- Construction of Atlantic Coast Pipeline Will Destroy Lands, Endanger State's Waters
- Photo of the Week: Peace on the Bay
- Scouts Come Together to Save the Bay
- Anglers for Clean Water Stories
- Clean Water Stories
- Earth Day
- Education Success Stories
- Farmer Success Stories
- Locally Grown
- Photo of the Week
- Slowing the Flow
- State of the Bay
- Student Leadership
- This Week in the Watershed
- Water Quality
The views and opinions expressed in the media, articles or comments on this site are those of the speakers or authors and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions held by CBF and the inclusion of such information does not imply endorsement by CBF. CBF is not responsible for the contents of any linked Web, or any link contained in a linked Web site, or any changes or updates to such Web sites. The inclusion of any link or comment is provided only for information purposes. CBF reserves the right to edit or remove any comments and material posted to this website and to ban users from the site without notice. Partisan, pornographic or other inappropriate content, product or service promotion, foul language or bad behavior is expressly forbidden and will be removed.