It's Cyber Monday, and as you search the web for great deals on gifts I ask you to think about purchasing meaningful gifts as well.
Is there someone on your list who enjoys fishing? Boating? Swimming? Bird-watching? Gardening? Raw oysters or classic crab cakes? Just getting outdoors? Share their passion and your own with a gift from the Chesapeake Bay Foundation. We have a gift for every budget--because every gift makes a difference.
Did you know
- $25 can plant five native trees as a streamside buffer.
- $50 can grow 5,000 native oysters.
- $150 can pay a teacher's tuition for a five-day professional development course.
- $500 can send eight students for a day of learning in and around the Bay.
Make today Green Gift Monday with gifts such as:
- The Gift of a Tree-- Give a gift that's good for the environment! With a donation of $25 or more, we'll plant a tree for you where it's needed most.
- A Chesapeake Bay Foundation Membership--Your gift will help pass on a legacy of clean water, clean air, and a healthy environment for generations to come. In addition, your gift recipient will receive CBF's quarterly Save the Bay magazine, a 10% discount at our online store, discounted tickets to Bay Discovery trips, invitation to members-only events, and more.
- A Gift in Honor or Memory-- Honor a special occasion or remember a loved one with a donation in his or her name. Your loved one's family will receive a personal message by your choice of e-mail or postal mail.
- Become a BayRaiser--Create your own personalized webpage to raise money for CBF in lieu of presents, in memory of a loved one, to celebrate a personal milestone, or for any occasion!
For something more traditional, check CBF's online store. We have a great selection of clothing and accessories, plus beautiful selections from Salisbury Pewter.
Help spread the word about Green Gift Monday by sharing this post on Facebook or Twitter, with the hashtag #GGM2010. Encourage your friends and family to think not just "outside the box"� for holiday gift ideas, but outside, with meaningful gifts that will help save the Chesapeake Bay and our rivers and streams.