Just because it's the holidays, doesn't mean it's time to give up on your ultra-green lifestyle (and we know you have one). In fact, there's no better season to show your love for the natural world than the season of giving. Here are five tips to help you do just that:
- Save some energy, save some money! Decorate your tree with energy-saving LED lights and save up to 90 percent less energy than regular holiday lights. Plus, they sure are purdy! Reducing your energy consumption will also reduce the amount of energy that needs to be generated by fossil-fueled power plants, thereby cutting back on the nutrients and chemicals that can enter our waters and Bay through air pollution.
- Nothing says "I love you"� like a Sunday-comics-wrapped gift. For serious, it's whimsical, recycled, and free! So go ahead, make your own wrapping paper.
- Cook your holiday feasts with local foods like those found at our own Clagett Farm. It's really a no brainer…local foods taste better, are safer, and support our local economy.
- Is there anything better than the real thing? Ummm…No. So get a real Christmas tree, instead of buying a fake. Not only do they smell good, real Christmas trees are more easily recycled and support local agriculture.
- You know we had to put this one in here…Give the ultimate gift--Save the Bay!