How You Can Help
The Bay's problems have been identified; we have the know-how and tools to fix them. The health, economic, and quality of life benefits of a restored Chesapeake Bay outweigh cleanup costs. If we work together to make pollution limits work, many scientists believe the Bay will reach a tipping point when improvements outpace pollution and the Bay rebounds exponentially.
It's critically important that citizens like you get involved. And it's not too hard.
- Join CBF's Action Network to receive e-mails regarding actions you can take to save the Bay.
- Tell your Congressman and Senators that clean water is important to you and urge them to support clean water legislation and oppose legislation that would derail the Bay TMDL by calling, writing, or visiting them. Find their contact information here.
- Same for your state and local representatives. Ask them to finalize and implement strong plans to achieve the Bay pollution limits and provide ample Bay funding. Find their contact information here.
- Attend a public meeting of your local governing body.
- Write a letter of support to the editor of your local newspaper.
- Become a Speaker for the Bay. CBF will provide the tools and materials needed to present the "Save the Bay" message to local community groups and organizations.
- Walk the walk. Reduce pollution from your home, back yard, school, or business.