All documents are interactive PDF files so Adobe Reader is required. Adobe 11 is strongly recommended for optimal use. Don't have it? Download it here http://get.adobe.com/reader/.
- Click on the form you need.
- Download the form to your computer.
- Open Adobe Reader.
- From within Reader, open the document you downloaded.
- Upon completion, click the "Submit by E-mail" button at the end of the form.
- You will be asked to select a "desktop mail application" (e.g. Outlook) or "Internet mail" (e.g. Gmail, AOL, etc.)
- A draft e-mail message will be created with your application attached. Personalize your message if you wish, then send.
Caution: If the Submit by Email button does not seem to be working, simply save the completed application to your computer and send it as an attachment from your e-mail account. We will acknowledge receipt of your application by return e-mail.
Thanks in large part to private donations, the Chesapeake Bay Foundation can offer student programs at rates that are much lower than the actual operating costs of our programs.
The Chesapeake Bay Trust, funded by "Treasure the Chesapeake" license plates, supplies schools with grants for environmental projects and field trips. For further information on their application procedure, contact the Chesapeake Bay Trust, 60 West Street, Annapolis, MD 21401; 410-974-2941. cbtrust.org
Maryland schools: The Maryland State Department of Education has provided CBF with a grant that subsidizes the cost of our programs for Maryland schools to $220 per day for a one-day program. For more information, please contact EducationCoordinator@cbf.org or call 800-445-5572.
Virginia schools: The Virginia Department of Conservation and Recreation website maintains a current list of state, regional, and national grants. For more information, visit www.dcr.virginia.gov/environmental_education/grants.shtml
Pennsylvania schools: The Pennsylvania Department of Education's Meaningful Watershed School $3,000 Mini-Grant Program provides funding to schools for field studies and restoration projects. For more information, visit www.depweb.state.pa.us (Keyword: EE Grants) or call 717-772-1828.
All Schools/School Groups: Due to cuts in state funding, we are not offering reduced rates.
If you receive the following error message:
"Please wait...If this message is not eventually replaced by the proper contents of the document, your PDF viewer may not be able to display this type of document."
Many browsers now have built-in PDF viewers, PDF add-ons or extensions that do not support Adobe interactive forms. If you receive the above message please download the latest version of Adobe Reader. Your browser may prompt you to open the file with Adobe Acrobat/Reader or download the file and use Adobe to open it on your computer.
To save the file to your computer:
- Chrome and Firefox
Right mouse click the link and select "Save Link As." Follow prompts to save the file to your location, taking care to recognize where you saved the PDF file. You may then open it within Adobe Reader.
- Internet Explorer
Right mouse click the link and select "Save Target As." Follow prompts to save the file to your location, taking care to recognize where you saved the PDF file. You may then open it within Adobe Reader.
If you have trouble opening the application files, please follow these instructions:
- If using Leopard or Safari browser AND AdobePDFViewer plugin is installed, you should delete the plugin.
- If using the built-in Mac OS Preview tool, download and use Adobe Reader.
Saving PDF files to Macintosh
- Either control+click or click and hold the mouse button down on the link until the menu pops up. Select the item from the menu that indicates it will "save" or "download" the filek. Select the file type before you click OK (the file type should be PDF or source, depending on your browser).