Why Partner With CBF?
Much of CBF's work throughout the Chesapeake Bay's watershed—spanning six states and Washington, D.C.—is made possible by the generous support of corporate partners, who support CBF for a variety of reasons.
- Broad Reach: CBF has more than 200,000 members and supporters in all 50 states.
- Reputation: CBF has a reputation as the region's most effective conservation group working to restore and protect the Chesapeake Bay and its many rivers and streams.
- Proven Track Record:CBF has a 48-year record of excellence that has seen innumerable successes, including:
- providing life-changing environmental education to more than 1,500,000 people;
- restoring 40,000 acres of wetlands and forest buffers and planting more than 120 million oysters;
- securing more than $500 million in federal funding to support farmers in pollution-reduction; and
- compelling the Environmental Protection Agency to issue an enforceable pollution reduction plan for the Chesapeake Bay—heralded as the best pollution reduction plan in the nation.
- Your Customers: According to a national Cone Consumer Environmental Survey, 93 percent of Americans believe companies have a responsibility to help preserve the environment, and 98 percent of Americans say they have a more positive image of a company when it is environmentally responsible.
- Accountability: The Chesapeake Bay Foundation meets all standards for charity accountability set by the Better Business Bureau/Wise Giving Alliance.
We Engage in a Wide Variety of Corporate Partnerships
Much of the good work that CBF does is made possible through the generous support of a diverse and unique group of companies that are committed to the Bay and their communities.
Gifts & Grants
CBF's diverse programs throughout the Bay watershed offer a broad spectrum of opportunities— from local restoration projects, to statewide environmental education programs, to regional Bay-wide policy and outreach efforts—that directly match and further incorporate philanthropic and community relations priorities.
CBF hosts annual signature events with a variety of sponsorship opportunities: Bands in the Sand and Clean the Bay Day. Benefits range from recognition on event signage and in event publications to naming opportunities on apparel and favors.
Benefit Events and Promotions
Businesses can invest in their communities and help Save the Bay™ by hosting an event or promotion to benefit CBF.
Partners can provide support to CBF by donating one of the many goods and/or services that we need to be successful in our mission. We accept a wide range of gift-in-kind donations, including apparel items, legal services, TV and radio advertising, and durable products such as boating equipment.
Workplace Giving & Matching Gifts
Encourage your employees to give to CBF by establishing a workplace giving program that allows them to donate a portion of their paycheck throughout the year. Also consider further leveraging these gifts by establishing a matching gift program.
Download our corporate partnership brochure
For more information about these and other partnership opportunities, contact CBF at 410-268-8816.