Directions to the Virginia Oyster Restoration Center
Virginia ORC at the Virginia Institute of Marine Science (VIMS)
1200 Franklin Rd
Gloucester Point, VA 23062
From I-64 on the Virginia Peninsula
- Take the Ft. Eustis Blvd. exit toward Yorktown (take a left onto Jefferson for just a few yards before immediately turning right onto Ft. Eustis Blvd.).
- Go about three miles and take a left on Rt. 17, also known as George Washington Memorial Highway.
- Cross the Coleman Bridge over the York River and pay a $2.00 toll.
- Take a right at the first traffic light after the toll booth (Lafayette Heights Dr.) then turn right on Greate Rd.
- Pass the VIMS campus, follow the road as it bends to the right under the Coleman Bridge.
- Stay on this road, and continue through the boat yard. There will be CBF signage instructing you where to park.