Underwater grasses rebounding, horseshoe crabs crawling, Maryland winning (in Rio that is) . . . it's been quite a summer on CBF's Facebook Page! So, back by popular demand, we decided to look back at our top five Facebook posts of the summer. What's got people excited about our Bay, its rivers and streams? Take a look:
1. A River Reborn: Take a trip beneath the surface of the Severn where we see abundant grasses, scampering blue crabs, and thick, healthy oyster reefs�incredible signs of the Bay's recovery! With more than 212,000 views, this inspiring video has already secured a spot on Oscars' shortlist.
2. Do a Little Seahorse Dance
3. Did Someone Say Scallops? In the Bay?!
4. What's in the Water: Measurements of 450 times higher than federal safety limits?! That's what we found at some beautiful swimming holes across Maryland this summer when we tested the water for harmful bacteria after rainstorms. Watch our video (98,956 other people did) to learn more.
5. Ches-a-peake Bay! Ches-a-peake Bay! That's what we were shouting during this summer's Rio Olympics when Maryland (the ninth-smallest state in the country, mind you) brought home a record number of medals, many of which were gold. Not only that�athletes from Virginia and D.C. certainly helped make the whole Chesapeake region the true champion (but it always was in our book).
Be sure to follow us on Facebook (if you aren�t already) for the latest and greatest this fall!
CBF's Senior Manager of Digital Media