Sunday, March 26, 2017
2:00 p.m.–5:00 p.m.
Crabs and Old Bay. Rockfish and lemon butter. Crab cakes and tartar sauce. The bounty of the Bay presents plenty of delectable combinations. But what about oysters and wine?
Join us for a delightful afternoon along the Chesapeake Bay with our partners, Wine Cellars of Annapolis and Grapes Wine Bar, to learn how this unconventional pair is perfect together.
Wine Cellars of Annapolis' knowledgeable connoisseurs will pair a variety of wine and craft beer with a selection of Chesapeake Bay Oysters from the Southern, Mid, and Northern Bay.
The afternoon will also feature:
- Chesapeake Bay themed passed Hor D'oeurves prepared by Chef Travers of Grapes Wine Bar of Annapolis.
- Live music and stunning Bay views.
- A variety of wines paired with a selection of Chesapeake Bay oysters.
- Authentic Smith Island cake paired with the perfect bubbly.
- Partners from the Oyster Recovery Partnership discussing their programs, including the Shell Recycling Alliance.
- Policy experts and scientists available to answer all of your oyster questions.
Image credit iStock/Platersca
Registration for this event has closed.