CBF offers many opportunities for students, teachers, and others to get outside and learn about the wonders of our Bay region. Here's everything you need to apply for one of our one-day or multi-day programs.
See sidebar for links to additional programs, important forms and documents, and frequently asked questions.
Program requests are currently being accepted for spring 2022. Deadline for requests is Friday, December 17, 2021. Confirmation or waiting list emails will be sent by the first week in February.
Program Request Process
- Get details on currently available programs.
- Complete the appropriate program request form (see bottom of this page) and click "Submit."
- When completing your program request, please take the following into account:
- Programs: Some programs run from a variety of locations. Please indicate your preferred canoe or boat location after the program name. If you do not select a site, our field staff will select one with you after the trip is booked.
- Dates: Please be flexible about the date of your program(s). We will make every effort to accommodate you but cannot guarantee specific dates. Indicate how many trips you will need.
- Group Size: The number of participants includes students, teachers, and chaperones. Maximum numbers are listed on the program request form. If your group size exceeds the maximum number allowed for a program, you have two options: request two or more programs on the same date, or request the program on multiple dates.
- An e-mail will be sent to confirm receipt of your program request form. If you do not receive a confirmation e-mail it means that we did not receive your program request. To prevent your e-mail service from marking your confirmation message as spam, please add cbf.org to your accepted domains list.
- If we are unable to fill your request, you will be placed on a waiting list and may receive a date later in the season, as cancellations come in. You will only be notified if we are able to fill your request.
- Pre-trip information will be e-mailed to you shortly after the confirmation letter.
- Signed confirmation letters and payment/deposits are due back to our office by the date noted on your confirmation letter.
- Cancellations: There is no penalty for canceling your program 30 days ahead for one-day programs or 45 days ahead for multi-day (overnight) programs. Cancellations made after the respective 30 or 45 day grace period will forfeit your deposit and affect your chances for a future field experience.
If you have further questions about submitting your program request, please contact the scheduling team at 800-445-5572 or email@example.com.