CBF offers many opportunities for students, teachers, and others to get outside and learn about the wonders of our Bay region. Here's everything you need to apply for one of our one-day or multi-day programs.
See sidebar for links to additional programs, important forms and documents, and frequently asked questions.
Program requests are currently being accepted for Fall 2022 One-Day programs and Fall 22/Spring 23 Multi-Day (overnight) programs.
Priority deadline: May 27, 2022
Applications received after May 27 will be reviewed on a rolling basis. All confirmations will be sent by the end of July.
Program Request Process
- Get details on currently available programs.
- Complete the appropriate program request form (see bottom of this page) and click "Submit."
- When completing your program request, please take the following into account:
- Programs: Some programs run from a variety of locations. Please indicate your preferred canoe or boat location after the program name. If you do not select a site, our field staff will select one with you after the trip is booked.
- Dates: Please be flexible about the date of your program(s). We will make every effort to accommodate you but cannot guarantee specific dates. Indicate how many trips you will need. One-Day program timing is based on each school's transportation restrictions (activity bus vs. contract bus, etc.), but should fall within the general 9:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m. school day timeframe.
- Group Size: The number of participants includes students, teachers, and chaperones. Maximum numbers are listed on the program request form. If your group size exceeds the maximum number allowed for a program, you have two options: request two or more programs on the same date, or request the program on multiple dates.
- An auto-reply email will be sent to indicate receipt of your program request form. If you do not receive an auto-reply email with a copy of your online submission it means that we did not receive your program request. To prevent your email service from marking your confirmation message as spam, please add cbf.org to your accepted domains list.
- If we are unable to fill your request, you will be placed on a waiting list and may receive a date later in the season, as cancellations come in. You will receive a confirmation email with program and date or a wait list status email by July 1 for any Fall One-Day or Fall/Spring Multi-Day (overnight) program requests, and by February 1 for any Spring One-Day program requests.
- Signed confirmation letters and payment/deposits are due back to our office by the date noted on your confirmation letter: 45 days prior for Multi-Day (overnight) programs and 30 days prior for One-Day programs.
- Pre-trip information will be emailed to you directly from the program educator, approximately 2-4 weeks prior to your group's scheduled date.
- Cancellations: Cancellations received after the respective 45- or 30-day deadline will forfeit 50 percent of the program fee and affect your chances for a future field experience.
If you have further questions about submitting your program request, please contact the scheduling team at 800-445-5572 or email@example.com.