Environmental Education Program Rates for Student Groups
Program information and rate updates effective July 2022.
|Environmental Education Program||Min - Max Participants|
(includes students, teachers & chaperones)
|Arthur Sherwood Environmental Education Program||20 - 30||4th||$400|
|Baltimore Harbor Environmental Education Program||20 - 28||4th||$400|
|Maryland Rivers & Streams||Max 26 canoes/30 stream-based||6th (canoe)/4th (stream)||$300|
|Philip Merrill Environmental Education Program||20 - 30/60||4th||$300/$600**|
|Washington D. C.|
|Potomac River Environmental Education Program||20 - 30||4th||$400|
|Pennsylvania Rivers & Streams||Max 26 canoes/30 stream-based||6th (canoe)/4th (stream)||$300|
|Hampton Roads Environmental Education Program||20 - 30||4th||$400|
|James River Environmental Education Program||20 - 28||4th||$400|
|Elisabeth Reed Carter Environmental Education Program
(canoe: East of I-95 corridor)
|20 - 26||6th||$300|
|Virginia Watershed Environmental Education Program
(canoe: West of I-95 corridor)
|20 - 26||6th||$300|
|Multi-day Programs (3 days/2 nights) All multi-day program participants are required to be fully vaccinated OR have a negative COVID-19 test (effective School Year 2022-2023)|
|Karen Noonan Memorial Environmental Education Program
|18 - 22||6th||$150/person|
|Port Isobel EAST Environmental Education Program||20 - 30||6th||$150/person|
|Smith Island Environmental Education Program||20 - 30||6th||$150/person|
Additional Information on Program Rates and Billing Procedures
- Please note the new pricing for one-day programs above. Thanks to generous donors we are still able to keep fees under 25 percent of the actual cost of running a program.
- Fees are flat rate for one-day programs and per person rate for multi-day programs.
Deposit and Payment:
- Multi-day programs require a deposit for the minimum number of participants even if you bring less than the minimum. You will be invoiced for participants over the minimum, after the field experience.
- One-day programs require a flat rate deposit/payment.
- **Philip Merrill Environmental Education Program may be booked for a single group (max 30) or double group (max 60).
- Multi-day (Island) program rates do NOT include food. You are responsible for bringing food for your group plus three CBF educators. (sample menus available upon request)
- For Karen Noonan, Port Isobel EAST, and Smith Island: program rates include lodging and the round-trip ferry from Crisfield, Maryland (Eastern Shore). The Smith Point ferry (from Reedville, Virginia) is available between April 15 and October 15. The Onancock, Virginia ferry is available year round. The round-trip cost for both the Smith Point and Onancock ferries is an additional $400.
The Program Request Form must be completed by the lead contact attending the program. Specify request details in "Notes" section if needed. Due to demand, we cannot guarantee requested dates. If unable to book your preferences, alternate programs and/or dates will be offered, or your group will be placed on the wait list. Applications received after each season's deadline are subject to program availability.
- Indicate your first choice, but also check the "Other Program Options" box if you are open to other programs, should the program you request not be available on the dates you provide.
- Select your preferred canoe, boating, or ferry location. See the Field Programs page for current list of sites.
- List your top three most preferred dates in the dropdown fields. Then note any additional dates and/or notes regarding availability in the "Additional Date Information Section (i.e. 'We are available any Thursday in November;' 'We are available any Monday through Friday, with the exception of the following school closed/early dismissal dates;' etc.)
- One-day program requests: Indicate how many dates you are requesting for the program.
- Multi-day program requests: Your preferred dates #1/#2/#3 will indicate the preferred arrival date of your group. CBF's scheduling team can then determine what your departure date will be (two days later).
- Group Size:
The maximum number of participants listed for each program includes students, teachers, and chaperones. If your group size exceeds the maximum number allowed for a program, you have two options:
- Request two or more programs on the same date, or
- Request the same program on multiple dates.
Available Program Request Forms
2022/2023 School Year
The Program Request Form is currently available for the following one-day and multi-day field programs.
- Fall 2022 (September 12-December 3) one-day programs
- Fall 2022 (September 12-December 3) multi-day programs or Spring 2023 (March 20 -June 9) for Port Isobel Island East, Karen Noonan Center, and Smith Island only
- Spring 2023 one-day program request form will become available in the fall.
Once your group is booked, you will receive a confirmation email containing information on the program(s), date(s), and amount due. You must sign and return the confirmation letter and pay for one-day programs at least 30 days in advance and multi-day programs at least 45 days in advance of your scheduled date(s).
Cancellations received after the deadline will forfeit 50 percent of the program fee.
- You must email the scheduling team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-445-5572 to cancel.
- The one-day program cancellation deadline is 30 days prior to scheduled date.
- The multi-day program cancellation deadline is 45 days prior to scheduled date.
- Refunds for cancelled programs must be requested. If you do not request a refund, your payment will be credited toward another program in the same season. Eligible refunds (for cancellations received prior to the respective 30/45 day deadline) must be requested within 90 days of the cancellation. Credits may not be applied to programs outside the current season.
Insufficient notice of cancellation may jeopardize your ability to apply for future programming.
- In the event of weather conditions, CBF may cancel the program without penalty to the group. Best efforts will be made to reschedule based on remaining program availability, or a refund will be issued.
- Due to vehicle/bus accessibility to the Karen Noonan Center (KNC), the above weather policy does not apply. If KNC is part of multiple island centers booked at the same time, the deposit is non-refundable.