The Chesapeake Bay Foundation (CBF) offers environmental education programs for adults interested in learning about the Chesapeake Bay. For information about our programs, please see the Field Programs page.
Our facilities are available for church groups, clubs, nature organizations, work-related outings and others who want to book a program as a group.
Environmental Education Program Rates - Adult Groups
|Environmental Education Program||Min - Max Participants||Adult Group Rate||Other Charges|
|Arthur Sherwood Environmental Education Program||20 - 30||$1,000|
|Baltimore Harbor Environmental Education Program||20 - 28||$1,000|
|Philip Merrill Environmental Education Program||20 - 30/60||$1,000/$2,000|
|Washington D. C.|
|Potomac River Environmental Education Program||20 - 30||$1,000|
|PA Student Action & Restoration||Max 26 canoes/30 land-based||$1,000|
|Susquehanna Watershed Environmental Education Program||20 - 26||$1,000|
|Brock Environmental Education Program||30||$1,000|
|Hampton Roads Environmental Education Program||20 - 30||$1,000|
|James River Environmental Education Program||20 - 28||$1,000|
|Elisabeth Reed Carter Environmental Education Program
(canoe: East of I-95 corridor)
|20 - 26||$1,000|
|Virginia Watershed Environmental Education Program
(canoe: West of I-95 corridor)
|20 - 26||$1,000|
|Karen Noonan Memorial Environmental Education Program
|18 - 22||$5,000|
|Port Isobel EAST Environmental Education Program||20 - 30||$5,000||$150/person over 22|
|Port Isobel WEST Environmental Education Program||18-22||$5,000|
|Smith Island Environmental Education Program||20 - 30||$5,000||$150/person over 22|
Additional Information on Program Rates and Billing Procedures
- Payment is due:
- ONE-DAY program: 30 days prior to scheduled date.
- MULTI-DAY program: 45 days prior to scheduled date.
- Fees are flat rate for both One-Day and Multi-Day Programs.
- Half-day use of a One-Day program is $500.
- Port Isobel Island East and Smith Island Centers have an additional $150/person charge for any groups that have a higher than 22 total participation count.
- Philip Merrill Environmental Education Program may be booked for a single group (max 30) or double group (max 60).
- Canoes: Moving-water sites accommodate maximum of 23 people. Flat-water sites accommodate maximum of 26 people. Some sites are suitable for multiple programs to accommodate larger groups.
- Island/Multi-day program rates do NOT include food. You are responsible for bringing food for your group + 3 CBF Educators. (sample menus available upon request)
- For Smith and Port Isobel Islands: program rate includes lodging and the round trip Crisfield, MD (Eastern Shore) ferry. The Smith Point Ferry (Reedville, VA) is available between April 15 and October 15 at a cost of $400 round trip. The Onancock, VA Ferry is also available for $400 round trip, year round.
To schedule, please fill out the application completely. Please be as flexible as possible about the date(s) you request. We will make every effort to accommodate your requests.
Application MUST be completed by the lead contact attending the program. Each application should indicate 1st and 2nd choices. Specify request details in "notes" section if needed. Due to demand, we cannot guarantee requested dates. If unable to book your preferences, alternate programs and/or dates will be offered, or your group will be placed on the wait list. Applications received after each season's deadline are subject to program availability.
- Indicate your 1st and 2nd choices.
- Indicate your preferred canoe, boating, or ferry location. See the Field Programs page for current list of sites.
- Click the box on the calendar for each of your UNAVAILABLE dates.
- Indicate how many dates you are requesting for the program.
- Group Size:
If your group size exceeds the maximum number allowed for a program, you have two options:
- Request two or more programs on the same date, or
- Request the same program on multiple dates.
2020/2021 School Year (including Summer 2020)
Applications are currently available for the following student one-day and multi-day field programs.
- Summer & Fall 2020 One-Day Programs
- Summer & Fall 2020, Spring 2021 Multi-Day Programs
Please note, applications received by Friday, May 15th will be included in the first round of scheduling for all programs. Applications received AFTER May 15th will be added to the schedule based on remaining availability of dates/programs.
(Opens a new window.)
Once your group is booked, you will receive a confirmation email containing information on the program(s), date(s), and amount due. You must sign and return the confirmation letter and pay for One-Day Programs at least 30 days in advance and Multi-Day Programs at least 45 days in advance of your scheduled date(s).
CANCELLATIONS RECEIVED AFTER THE DEADLINE WILL FORFEIT 50% OF THE PROGRAM FEE
- ONE-DAY program deadline is 30 days prior to scheduled date.
- MULTI-DAY program deadline is 45 days prior to scheduled date.
- MUST email the Education Coordinator or call 800-445-5572 to cancel.
Insufficient notice of cancellation may jeopardize your ability to apply for future programming.
- Eligible refunds (cancellations received prior to the respective 30/45 days deadline) must be requested within 90 days of the cancellation. Refunds/credits may NOT be applied to programs outside of the current season.
- In the event of weather conditions, CBF may cancel the program without penalty to the group.
- Due to the accessibility of the Karen Noonan Center (KNC), the above weather policy does not apply. If KNC is part of multiple island centers booked at the same time, the deposit is non-refundable.
- COVID-19 Cancellations: If the program cannot run due to COVID-19 restrictions a full refund will be given.