As recreational anglers, we know about tides and currents, bottom characteristics, and the best conditions of both for catching fish. We also know that pollution, loss of habitat, and overfishing reduce the numbers and health of the fish in our waterways.
Take the Anglers Pledge now and receive:
- Monthly Anglers for Clean Water e-mails on fishing and clean water issues.
- Periodic e-mail updates on Bay issues and CBF activities.
- Discounts on merchandise from CBF's online store.
The Angler's Pledge
As a good steward of our waterways and fisheries, and to preserve the delights of recreational fishing for the next generation, I will
- Commit to keeping only the fish I need.
- Strive for 100% survival of all released fish.
- Learn tools and techniques for reducing harm while I fish.
- Abide by the Fisherman's Code for protecting our Bay, rivers, and streams.
- Speak out for decisive action to save our fish and the Bay, rivers, and streams in which they live.
- Encourage other anglers to join the fight to protect and restore our waterways and their inhabitants.