How It Works
- Fill out our Stock and Mutual Fund Transfer Form to let CBF know about your planned transfer.
- CBF sends you transfer instructions by email.
- Provide your financial advisor with the instructions so they can transfer the stock or mutual fund shares to CBF.
- CBF notifies you when we receive your gift and provides documentation for tax purposes.
- CBF sells the securities and uses the proceeds to fund essential Bay-saving programs.
How You Benefit
You receive credit and an income tax deduction for the fair market value of the securities you transfer (average high and low prices on the day of the transfer)
Creative Plans for Securities Gifts
You can use securities to fund a gift that pays you income, like a charitable gift annuity. You pay no upfront capital gains tax on the transfer and you will receive fixed income payments for life. As a result, you support CBF’s mission while diversifying your portfolio and securing a stream of income.
For questions about using stock to fund a charitable gift annuity or other planned gift, contact Member Relations at firstname.lastname@example.org or 443-482-2189.
The material presented on this website is not offered as legal or tax advice. Please consult your tax advisor, financial planner, or attorney about the legal and tax benefits of any gift to CBF.