Click the links below for the full story behind each highlight (note: some of these links will take you off the CBF website):
- Adam Ortiz named EPA Administrator for the Mid-Atlantic region.
- As solar projects pop up in Pennsylvania, farms and forests are not the best locations. The Sentinel
- The Keystone 10 Million Trees Partnership and others plan to plant 300,000 trees this fall. Public News Service
- Pennsylvania Executive Director Shannon Gority praises PA Senate committee vote to allocate $500 million to Growing Greener and create a Clean Streams Fund. PA Environmental Digest
- CBF and Solar Oysters add 300,000 spat-on-shell oysters to new aquaculture platforms in Maryland.
- Community and environmental groups raise concerns about the wastewater permit for a massive Maryland Eastern Shore development. The Talbot Spy
- Alexandria, Arlington, Fairfax, Fredericksburg, and Roanoke become first Virginia localities to prevent litter through a 5-cent fee on disposable plastic bags.
- CBF partner Southside ReLeaf gives away hundreds of free trees to south Richmond residents under Greening Southside initiative.