Click the links below for the full story behind each highlight (note: some of these links will take you off the CBF website):
- The U.S. House of Representatives adopted a 10-year, $3.5 trillion budget that boosts funding for USDA conservation programs.
- Pennsylvania Gov. Wolf urged U.S. Department of Agriculture Secretary Vilsack to implement the $737 million Chesapeake Bay Resilient Farms Initiative.
- CBF’s environmental education program restarts in the field after pandemic shutdown.
- CBF raises concerns about mistreated wastewater at Baltimore treatment plants and urges officials to fix the problems.
- Harmful algal blooms threaten recreation in Hampton Roads and the North Fork of the Shenandoah River.
- CBF’s Virginia oyster restoration team and volunteers completed the 2021 season after planting 3.5 million new oysters on sanctuary reefs.
- Omega Protein spills 400,000 dead menhaden in Hampton Roads waters.