30th Annual Clean the Bay Day
Saturday, June 2, 2018
*Some locations have different clean-up days or times
Thank you for your interest in the 30th Annual Clean the Bay Day!
Online registration for Clean the Bay Day is now closed. But you may still join the effort! Please see below for state parks and other sites that need your help. We hope you will attend one of these sites on Saturday, June 2. Remeber to arrive by 8:45 a.m. and make sure that you sign in/register when you get there. Don't miss our final list of things to bring and keep in mind.
Thank you so much for your interest in this important program. We look forward to seeing you out there for another beautiful Clean the Bay Day—30 years strong!
The following State Parks are seeking volunteers at their Clean the Bay Day event. More may become available as we get closer to June 2, so please check back if you do not see a site that works for you or email firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about additional sites. Note that if you volunteer at one of these sites you get free access to the park all day!
|Bear Creek Lake State Park — Cumberland, VA||Leesylvania State Park — Dale City, VA|
|Belle Isle State Park — Lancaster, VA||Mason Neck State Park — Woodbridge, VA|
|Caledon State Park — King George, VA||Natural Bridge State Park — Natural Bridge, VA|
|Chippokes Plantation State Park — Surry, VA||Pocahontas State Park — Chesterfield, VA|
|Douthat State Park — Clifton Forge, VA||Powhatan State Park — Goochland, VA|
|False Cape State Park — Sandbridge, VA||Sailors Creek State Park — Farmville, VA|
|High Bridge Trail State Park — Farmville, VA||Shenandoah River State Park — Front Royal, VA|
|Holliday Lake State Park — Appomattox, VA||Sky Meadows State Park — Front Royal, VA|
|James River State Park — Amherst, VA||Twin Lakes State Park — Green Bay, VA|
|Kiptopeke State Park — Cape Charles, VA||Westmoreland State Park — Montross, VA|
|Lake Anna State Park — Spotsylvania, VA||York River State Park — Williamsburg, VA|
|Seven Bends State Park — Woodstock, VA|
- Guardshore Beach, Bloxom, VA
Guardshore Road, Bloxom, VA
Site Name: TNC Living Shoreline
Contact: Shannon Alexander email@example.com
- High Bridge Trail State Park (1:30 p.m.-4:00 p.m.)
Contact: Craig Guthrie — firstname.lastname@example.org, 434-315-0457
- Hopewell Area Friends (Friends of Lower Appomattox River)
Site Name: Hopewell Marina
Address: 1051 Riverside Avenue, Hopewell, VA
Contact: Johnny Partin 804-909-2492
- City of Manassas
Site Name: Liberia Plantation
Address: 8601 Portner Avenue, Manassas, VA. Park along Breeden Avenue.
Contact: Christen Zenich email@example.com
- Fairfax County Parks/Alexandria
Site Name: Huntley Meadows Park
Address: 3701 Lockheed Blvd., Alexandria, VA
- City of Williamsburg (adults only due to nearby roadway)
Site Name: Waller Mill Park
Directions: Take Exit 238 (Camp Perry). Make a right at the light to turn onto Rochambeau, Make the first left onto Airport Rd, The Park Entrance is about a quarter mile down the road on the left.
Contact: Mike VanAudenhove MVanaude@williamsburgva.gov
Southside Hampton Road
- City of Norfolk
Site Name: Community Beach Park
Details/Directions: Meet at Community Beach Park Shelter. Map.
Contact: Megan Hale Megan.Hale@norfolk.gov
Site Name: Portsmouth City Park Amphitheatre
Details/Directions: Take I264 W to Portsmouth or I64 E to Portsmouth. Take the Portsmouth Boulevard exit and make a right from I264 or left from I64 onto City Park Avenue. Continue to the Pavilion and you will be directed.
Contact: Amos Taylor firstname.lastname@example.org
- City of Chesapeake
Site Name: Dismal Swamp Canal Trail
Details/Directions: The Dismal Swamp Canal Trail is a former section of Virginia State Rt. 17, now a multi-use trail. The north trail head is located at the intersection of Dominion Blvd. and Old Rt. 17 in Chesapeake, VA. Download map
Contact: Sarah Sumoski email@example.com
- City of Suffolk
Lake Mead Park
Bennett's Creek Park
Lake Prince Boat Ramp
Western Branch Boat Ramp
Contact: Wayne Jones — firstname.lastname@example.org
- Safety First! If you can, please wear close-toed shoes or boots, pants, work gloves, apply sunscreen, and don't overdo it—you should never overexert yourself on Clean the Bay Day. This should be fun!
- This is a rain or shine event. Only a thunderstorm will cause a cancellation. And note that litter moves with the rain, so even a little rain can make for a productive clean up!
- Bring water in a reusable container and perhaps a snack to keep your energy up.
- Make sure all children who are NOT accompanied by a parent bring a signed Parental Permission Form.
- Double check the time and date of your clean-up. Most, but not all, clean-ups occur on Saturday, June 2, from 9:00 a.m.-noon.
- Plan to arrive at least 15 minutes early for registration.
- We love photos and videos! Share yours on social media with #CleanTheBayDay, #SaveTheBay.
- If you have not heard from your area coordinator yet, please double check your emails/spam filters. Feel free to email us at email@example.com for help.
- And, of course . . . have fun!
Again, thank you so much for your involvement with Clean the Bay Day. You are what makes this program a resounding success 30 years and counting. We look forward to seeing you Saturday!