Maryland Shell Drop-off Locations
and Participating Restaurants
There are several public shell recycling drop-off locations across Maryland. If you are interested in hosting a shell-recycling bin, contact Dan Johannes at firstname.lastname@example.org or 443-482-2174.
Anglers Hunting Fishing
Annapolis Seafood Market
Annapolis Yacht Club
Chesapeake Bay Foundation
Eastport Yacht Club
Shell recycling bins in the Annapolis area are sponsored by .
Parking lot of the Downtown Sailing Center and Baltimore Museum of Industry, to the right of the entrance.
Breezy Point Marina
Easton Point Marina
Oak Grove Marina
Common Market Co-Op
Clagett Farm and CSA
The following restaurants also participate in the Save Oyster Shells program:
Annapolis Yacht Club Clubhouse
Pirates Cove Restaurant
Havre de Grace
Water Street Seafood
McFaul's Ironhorse Tavern
Brian Boru Restaurant & Pub
To learn more about CBF's oyster recycling partners in Maryland please visit the Oyster Recovery Partnership.
To learn more about how you can become involved in the oyster shell recycling program please contact Dan Johannes at email@example.com or 443-482-2174.
More Ways to Help
- CBF also collects shells from oyster roasts and seafood festivals. Contact us ahead of time and we can provide bins and signage to minimize shells mixing with other refuse.
- Drop off used shell at a public shell recycling bin.
- Become a volunteer and help collect shells from participating restaurants and oyster roasts.
- Volunteer at the Maryland Oyster Restoration Center.
- Become a Maryland oyster gardener.