CBF's Education Department takes students outside to explore the Chesapeake Bay watershed and learn how we can all take action to save the Bay. For four decades, CBF has given students, teachers, and others throughout the watershed unique outdoor educational experiences in some of the region's most inspiring places.
- Field Program Evaluation form—please give us feedback about your experience!
- Frequently Asked Questions
State Funding Support
For information on state funding for school groups, visit the following links:
- Maryland Schools: Chesapeake Bay Trust or call 410-974-2941.
- Virginia Schools: Virginia Department of Conservation and Recreation
- Pennsylvania Schools: Pennsylvania Department of Education's Meaningful Watershed Mini-Grant Program: (Keyword: EE Grants) or call 717-772-1828.
"You Gotta Be There" to understand the importance and the lasting impression of environmental education (also available on CBF's YouTube channel).
Video: Washington-Lee High School Students Explore the Bay with CBF
What is it like to go on a CBF education field experience? The Arlington Educational Television Department featured a student field experience on its weekly cable show, "Green Scene." See what we do and hear students, teachers, and CBF educators talk about the program.
Green Scene is filmed and produced by the Arlington Educational Television Department (AETV) in cooperation with the Arlington Public Schools Department of School and Community Relations.