Shawnee State Park, Shawnee Lake
- Take PA Turnpike 76 West to Bedford exit.
- Turn LEFT and enter bypass which combines with Route 30 West to Schellsburg.Turn LEFT at the stoplight in Schellsburg. This will be 96 South.
- The entrance to the boat access is approximately 1 mile south on route 96.
- Turn LEFT into the parking lot.
West Branch Susquehanna near Lock Haven
- Take 11/15 North to the 11/15 split.
- Bear LEFT staying on 15 North. Take 15 North to 80 West.
- Take 80 West to 220 North to Lock Haven.
- Make a LEFT onto 120 North and then a RIGHT onto 150 North.
- Piper Airport will be on your RIGHT. Memorial Park on your LEFT is the access.
Conodoguinet Creek: Oyster Mill Road
- Cross the Harvey Taylor bridge and follow ROUTE 11 / 15 South.
- Make a RIGHT onto Country Club Road It becomes Oyster Mill Road before the bridge.
- The put-in is at a small parking area on the RIGHT just before the bridge.
- Susquehanna River West Fairview to City Island
From Harrisburg Drive time approximately 20 minutes.
- Take 81 South across the river. Stay in the far RIGHT lane.
- Take the Enola Exit and follow Route 11/15 South.
- Follow several miles. Look for signs for 944 entering on your RIGHT. Get into the RIGHT lane.
- You will see signs “exit RIGHT to go LEFT.”
- Make a LEFT at Market Street in West Fairview (there will be a Unimart on your right).
- When you come to a “T.” Make a RIGHT onto High Street. Follow to the parking area and access.
Susquehanna River Fort Hunter to City Island
- Take 81 South to Front Street North exit
- Take Front Street north to Fort Hunter.
- A large parking lot marked with a sign is on the LEFT. Park in the upper lot to your RIGHT when you enter.
- Take 83 North to 22 / 322 West.
- Take 225 North towards Elizabethville.
- Follow 225 past Upper Dauphin High School. Follow to the creek.
- Access is on RIGHT before bridge.
Swatara Creek, Union Deposit to Kokomo Rd.
- Take 322 East towards Hershey to 39.
- Take 39 towards Union Deposit. You will pass Hershey Highmeadow Campground and Pensey Supply on your LEFT. Make a LEFT onto Union Deposit.
- Access is a dirt pull-off to the LEFT before the bridge.
Raystown Branch of the Juniata River below Raystown Dam
- Take 322 / 22 West to Lewistown.
- Follow 522 / 22 West from there until 522 and 22 split.
- Follow 22 to Huntingdon. Cross the Juniata and make the first LEFT onto T 430. This will wind and wind, sometimes forking. Always bear LEFT. You will be following along the Raystown Branch the entire way, rarely straying from the river.
- When you pass Branch Camp on your left you have reached the halfway point.
- The road will become dirt after some time and you will eventually reach Corbin’s Island Access. All of these places are well marked
Muddy Run Recreation Park/ Muddy Run Lake
- Take 83 South to 283 East to the Landisville exit.
- Turn RIGHT at the top of the exit ramp. Follow to a traffic light.
- Make a LEFT at the traffic light onto 741 East. Follow for about 8 miles through several turns.
- Stay on 741 (you will pass an apple orchid on the right and an Amish farm on the left).
- Make a RIGHT onto 272 East (there will be a very large hospital complex on your right).
- Stay on 272 for 8 miles into the town of Buck.
- In Buck, make a RIGHT at the junction of 372 South (there is flashing yellow light).
- Follow 372 South for 2 miles. (look for some fencing with barbed wire, and a large white sign that says Excelon Muddy Run Recreation Park on your left). Turn LEFT at this sign and follow to a “T.”
- At the “T” turn LEFT into the park. You will pass a park booth. Bear LEFT when the road splits and follow to a parking area on your RIGHT. The boat ramp will be visible from there.
- Speedwell Forge
From Harrisburg Drive time approximately 1 hour.
- Take 322 East towards Ephrata. When you get close to the towns of Quentin and Cornwall, watch for signs to Route 72.
- Approximately 6 miles past the 72 intersection, nearing the end of the State Game Lands, make a RIGHT onto Pumping Station Road (be careful, this is not well marked).
- Make a RIGHT onto Speedwell Forge Road. Continue LEFT on Speedwell Forge Road at the immediate bend.
- Turn LEFT onto Lake View Drive
- Speedwell Forge Lake will become visible on your LEFT. Follow to a crossroads (Brubaker Valley Road). The park office will be on the LEFT. Continue through the crossroads and parking lot is on the LEFT.
Memorial Lake State Park, Memorial Lake
- Take 81 North to Fort Indiantown Gap exit (exit 29 B).
- Follow exit to the RIGHT and go under the expressway (81), towards Fort Indiantown Gap.
- Turn LEFT onto Asher Miner Road (look for Funk’s Mini-Mart/ Family Chicken on your right).
- Go ¼ mile and bear LEFT onto Boundary Road (look for sign to Memorial Lake at the turn).
- Pass the Conestoga Trailer Park, Manada Road, and one park access area.
- Continue onto the SECOND access area (Middle Rd.). Turn LEFT and follow the road to the boat launch area.
Sherman Creek, Wentzel’s Mill to Warm Springs Lodge
- Take 11/15 North. Turn LEFT onto 850 West in Marysville (just past Blue Mountain Outfitters).
- Follow 850 West to 74 South. Turn LEFT onto 74 South towards Bridgeport.
- Continue about 1 mile, cross a steel grate bridge, and turn RIGHT into the access on a dirt lane after the bridge (Wentzel’s Mill is on the left).
- Little Buffalo State Park, Little Buffalo Lake
From Harrisburg Drive time approximately 45 minutes.
- Take ROUTE 322 West to Newport exit. Turn LEFT onto 34 South and follow into Newport.
- At stop sign in the center of town, turn LEFT, continuing to follow 34 South.
- Turn RIGHT at the sign for Little Buffalo and Smith’s Auto.
- Pass the park office on right and the lake on LEFT. Continue to the far end of lake. The boat ramp is on the LEFT before the creek enters lake.
Sweet Arrow Lake
- Take 81 North to 443 East (exit 31) through Pine Grove.
- 443 East will bear off to the right. Stay straight on 125 North.
- After the Hess Station, make a RIGHT onto SR 3002 (Paradise Rd).
- Follow SR 3002 about 1.5 miles to the lake, which will be on your right.
- Access is a large parking area and boat launch.
Susquehanna River near Selinsgrove
- Take 81 South to Marysville Exit and take 11 / 15 North OR take 322 / 22 North to 11 / 15 North.
- Take 11 / 15 North to Selinsgrove. Get off at the Shamokin Dam/Jct. 522 Exit.
- Turn RIGHT at intersection where Sheetz is located.
- Turn RIGHT onto River Road at the first bend in the road.
- Go across the railroad tracks, and turn LEFT at sign for Shady Nook Access. Follow gravel road to the boat ramp.
- From Harrisburg Drive time approximately 1 hour 30 minutes.
- Take 11 / 15 North to junction 104. Take a LEFT onto 104 North towards Middleburg.
- Stay on 104 through the town of Middleburg and into the town of Penn’s Creek. Look for a blue sign on the right that reads “Gray Squirrel Campgrounds.”
- Make a LEFT after the sign onto SR 4018. Follow SR 4018, looking for a brown sign for Walker Lake.
- Make a LEFT onto T 596 at the Walker Lake sign (look for an old red farmhouse as a landmark).
- Follow T 596 to the next Walker Lake sign and turn RIGHT onto T 473.
- Follow T 473 to the parking lot and the put-in.
West Branch Susquehanna Milton State Park to Lewisburg
- 11 / 15 North to 11 / 15 split. Follow 15 North through Lewisburg to West Milton.
- Take the 642 Milton/West Milton Exit.
- Turn RIGHT onto 642 East (Broad St.).
- Cross bridge into Milton State Park.
- Exit on bridge on RIGHT at signs for Milton State Park, and follow to boat ramp.
Gifford Pinchot State Park, Pinchot Lake
From Harrisburg Drive time approximately 45 minutes..
- 83 South to Exit 15 / Lewisberry. At the exit ramp go RIGHT.
- Make a LEFT onto PA 177 (there is a traffic light with a Unimart on your right).
- Follow PA 177 for about 9 miles into Pinchot State Park.
- 1 mile after the park sign, go over a small bridge. Make first RIGHT after bridge at Boat Mooring Area #1.
- From York approximately 45 minutes:: Take 74 West to PA 177.
Take a RIGHT onto 177 and go approximately 1/2 mile to Boat Mooring Area #1 on your LEFT (just before a small bridge).
Susquehanna River at Muddy Creek
- Take 83 North to 283 East to the Landisville exit. Turn RIGHT at the top of the exit ramp.
- Follow to a traffic light and make a LEFT onto 741 East. Follow for about 8 miles through several turns. (you will pass an apple orchid on the right, and an Amish farm on the left).
- Watch for signs for 272. Make a RIGHT onto 272 East at the junction. Stay on 272 East for about 8 miles into the town of Buck.
- Take a RIGHT at the flashing light onto 372 South.
- Continue for about 4 miles and cross the Susquehanna on the Norman Wood Bridge.
- Take the first RIGHT after the bridge and park in parking lot.