Thank you for your interest in joining the Chesapeake Bay Foundation's Student Leadership Program. Please review the expectations, then provide the required information and answer four short answers prompts to join. Once complete, you will become part of CBF’s network of high school student leaders from across the watershed who are dedicated to saving the Bay!
What does CBF expect from Student Leaders?
- Before joining, review CBF's Student Leadership Code of Conduct.
- Attend monthly meetings – primarily online video conference calls using Zoom.
- Join us for advocacy, awareness, and action events throughout the watershed.
- ex. Rally Your Reps events in your state capital to advocate on behalf of clean water, tree plantings to restore riparian buffers, or tabling at outreach events.
- Design and implement a Student Action Plan (SAPling) that improves the health of your local watershed, and ultimately the Chesapeake Bay, with advice and guidance from CBF.
- Share your Student Leadership story with friends, family, and your community to raise awareness for the Bay and inspire others to take action.
What can Student Leaders expect from CBF?
- Training and experience in civic action and environmental stewardship.
- Network of fellow student leaders.
- Support and resources from the Chesapeake Bay Foundation.
- Invitations to exclusive Student Leadership events, Summer Expeditions, and trainings.
- Opportunities to explore some of the most beautiful and inspiring natural areas in the Chesapeake Bay watershed.