Below are all of the details for the credit process.
Professional Learning Credit
Teachers are encouraged to receive approval for credit and reimbursement prior to registering in order to ensure that the course will count toward their professional goals. Credit for a Chesapeake Classrooms five-day immersion course is issued in accordance to the state in which you teach:
- District of Columbia — Washington, D.C. teachers are eligible for documentation of 45 contact hours for successful course completion.
- Maryland — Maryland teachers are eligible for 3 Continuing Professional Development (CPD) credits from MSDE for successful course completion.
- All Chesapeake Classrooms courses, unless otherwise noted, have the same MSDE CPD number: 15-66-07
- Pennsylvania — Pennsylvania teachers are eligible for Act 48 credit hours for courses conducted in Pennsylvania as well as the following courses: A Bird’s Eye View of Chesapeake Bay, Teachers on the Bay: Marine Ecology, Past to Present: Mapping the Chesapeake Bay.
- Virginia — Virginia teachers are eligible for documentation of 45 contact hours for successful course completion.
Participants will receive their credit receipt by the end of November.
Individual Final Projects are due September 1. Teachers are required to post projects to their course folder in the Chesapeake Classrooms SharePoint Site. Please contact ChesapeakeClassrooms@cbf.org if you encounter technical difficulties.
Graduate Credit - 2019 Registration Coming Soon
Graduate credit is a good option for a teacher wishing to take more than one of our courses. Teachers may register for graduate education credit through Mary Baldwin University for any course, or take one of the advanced science content courses - Teachers on the Bay: Marine Ecology or A Bird's Eye View of the Chesapeake Bay –for science graduate credit through Virginia Common Wealth University. Graduate Credit entails additional fees and requirements.
Participants in any course may register for graduate credit from Mary Baldwin University. See below for details on registration, fees, and course requirements. Graduate credit costs are in addition to the CBF course fee and require additional course work.
|Mary Baldwin University|
Course Title: Chesapeake Classrooms
|Requirements/Syllabus||Mary Baldwin University 2018 Syllabus|
Send completed registration form to:
Mary Baldwin University Graduate Education Department, attn.
|Registration Deadline||August 15.|
|Virginia Commonwealth University|
*Graduate credit from VCU is only available for teachers who participate in the Teachers on the Bay: Marine Ecology or A Bird's Eye View of the Chesapeake Bay summer courses*
|Requirements/Syllabus||Course Syllabus and Course Requirements Coming Soon|
|CBF Course Registration||Complete registration at www.cbf.org/ccsummer and submit CBF course fee online.|
Register for graduate credit by completing the Registration Form for your course and the Application for Virginia In-State Tuition form.
|VCU Registration and Tuition Deadline||Teachers on the Bay - July 1, 2018
A Bird's Eye View of the Chesapeake Bay - August 1, 2018
Contact Erin O'Neal in the Chesapeake Bay Foundation's Education Office at 443-482-2056 or by e-mail at email@example.com with questions.