Below are all of the details for the credit process.
Professional Learning Credit
Teachers are encouraged to receive approval for credit and reimbursement prior to registering in order to ensure that the course will count toward their professional goals. Credit for a Chesapeake Classrooms five-day immersion course is issued in accordance to the state in which you teach:
- District of Columbia* — Washington, D.C. teachers are eligible for 45 Continuing Education Units (CEU’s) for successful course completion.
- Maryland — Marylad teachers are eligible for 3 Continuing Professional Development (CPD) credits from MSDE for successful course completion.
- All Chesapeake Classrooms courses, unless otherwise noted, have the same MSDE CPD number: 15-66-07
- Pennsylvania — Pennsylvania teachers are eligiblie for Act 48 credit for courses conducted in Pennsylvania as well as the following courses: A Bird’s Eye View of Chesapeake Bay, Teachers on the Bay: Marine Ecology, Past to Present: Mapping the Chesapeake Bay.
- Virginia — Virginia teachers are eligible for 45 continuing certification credit hours/points for successful course completion.
*D.C. teachers cannot earn recertification credit for courses taken outside of their district. Graduate credit is available; additional fees apply, see below.
Participants will receive their credit receipt by the end of November.
Individual Final Projects are due September 1. Teachers are required to post projects to their course folder in the Chesapeake Classrooms SharePoint Site. Please contact ChesapeakeClassrooms@cbf.org if you encounter technical difficulties.
Graduate Credit - 2018 Registration Now Available
Participants in any course may register for graduate credit from Mary Baldwin University. See below for details on registration, fees, and course requirements. Graduate credit costs are in addition to the CBF course fee and require additional course work.
|Mary Baldwin University|
Course Title: Chesapeake Classrooms
|Requirements/Syllabus||Mary Baldwin University 2018 Syllabus|
Send completed registration form to:
Mary Baldwin University Graduate Education Department, attn.
|Registration Deadline||August 15.|
|Virginia Commonwealth University|
*Graduate credit from VCU is only available for teachers who participate in the Teachers on the Bay or A Bird's Eye View of Island Ecology summer courses*
|Requirements/Syllabus||Course Syllabus and Course Requirements Coming Soon|
|CBF Course Registration||Complete registration at www.cbf.org/ccsummer and submit CBF course fee online.|
Register for graduate credit by completing the Registration Form for your course and the Application for Virginia In-State Tuition form.
|VCU Registration and Tuition Deadline||Teachers on the Bay - July 1, 2018
A Bird's Eye View of the Chesapeake Bay - August 1, 2018
Contact Erin O'Neal in the Chesapeake Bay Foundation's Education Office at 443-482-2056 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.