January 23, 2017
The Bay has always been a part of who I am.
January 19, 2017
Don't Dump: Chesapeake Bay Drainage! When these words started showing up painted on storm drains in the early 1990s, it was easy to visualize the effects of oil and trash rushing directly down drain pipes to Bay tributaries.
January 17, 2017
Given that more than one million people call Fairfax County home, there are plenty of homes, roads, and parking lots in this suburban Northern Virginia county.
January 11, 2017
Chesapeake Bay Foundation educators Tom Parke and Emily Thorpe took advantage of an unseasonably warm winter day in Pennsylvania, to wash life vests, check canoes for needed repairs, and reflect on the Susquehanna Watershed Environmental Education Program's (SWEEP) 26th year of connecting students with their local waterways.
January 10, 2017
Sea level rise is occurring on such a massive scale that it's easy to feel that there's nothing we can do as individuals. But there are steps you can take at home to alleviate flooding due to rainfall, a big part of the problem here.
January 9, 2017
This photo was take January 24, 2016, after the blizzard. It shows two Adirondack Chairs covered in snow.
January 4, 2017
Pablo Picasso once said, "every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up." All of us are inherently creative, but like most skills, creativity requires cultivation, nurturing, and most importantly, practice.
January 3, 2017
Beautiful sunrise on Plum Point Beach. I drive by this barn every day and have taken so many pictures of it . . . it just never gets old.
Save the Bay Blog January 2017
- Postcards from Paradise
- Save the Bay News: Headwaters, Hellbenders, and Stopping a Toxic Brew
- Funding Crucial for the Future of Clean Water in Pennsylvania
- Seeing the Watershed Anew
- A Symbol for Pennsylvania
- When the Student Becomes the Teacher
- A Cleaner, Greener Future for Pennsylvania Is Within Our Reach
- Electrify Your Lawn Care to Help Save the Chesapeake Bay
- Acid Mine Drainage: A Toxic Brew Flowing Downstream
- Save the Bay News: Plastic, Pollinator Gardens, and Trees from Space
- Anglers for Clean Water Stories
- Black History and the Bay
- Chesapeake Wildlife
- Clean Water Stories
- Earth Day
- Farmer Success Stories
- Fox Island Farewell
- Honoring Will Baker
- Learn Outside
- Locally Grown
- Nature Journaling
- Photo of the Week
- Slowing the Flow
- State of the Bay
- Student Leadership
- This Month in the Watershed
- This Month on the Bay
- Voices for Clean Water
- Water Quality
- Watershed Watchdogs
- What's Bill Seeing in the Field?
- Women's History and the Bay
The views and opinions expressed in the media or articles on this site are those of the speakers or authors and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions held by CBF and the inclusion of such information does not imply endorsement by CBF. CBF is not responsible for the contents of any linked Website, or any link contained in a linked Website, or any changes or updates to such Websites. The inclusion of any link is provided only for information purposes.