August 30, 2019
After 46 years of tirelessly working for the Chesapeake Bay Foundation, John Page is hanging up his CBF waders this month. Reflections from his farewell celebration at CBF headquarters in Annapolis earlier this month.
August 22, 2019
CBF student leaders headed to the nation’s capital to explore the connections between federal policy and water quality.
August 19, 2019
CBF summer intern Carrie Klein took a trip to Clagett Farm and learned how contagious it really is.
August 16, 2019
Last week, three dogs—Abby, Izzy and Harpo—had a play date in and around a seemingly harmless pond in Wilmington, North Carolina. A few hours later all three were dead. The culprit? A poisonous blue-green algae.
August 14, 2019
The historic federal-state partnership working to clean up the Bay’s pollution is entering the final phase of restoration.
August 9, 2019
The long-term potential for tree-planting success in Pennsylvania is on display and protecting a stretch of Opossum Creek in Cumberland County.
August 7, 2019
Summertime and being on the water go together like crabs and Old Bay. And while school is still out for most kids, the Chesapeake Bay is a great place to learn when the weather’s warm.
August 2, 2019
Veterans and those who would like to honor them are invited to join us and Heroes on the Water for Veterans on the Susquehanna on Saturday, Aug. 24.
August 1, 2019
From fireworks and oyster plantings, to summer sunsets along the Chesapeake Bay and its rivers and streams, July was a magical month around the region!
Save the Bay Blog August 2019
- A Tree Grows in Dairy Land
- The Next Generation Speaks Up for the Bay
- What Does Hurricane Ida Mean for the Chesapeake Bay?
- Harmful Algal Blooms: Red Tides, Cyanobacteria, and Filamentous Clumps are Clogging Chesapeake Waters
- Congress Must Help Save the Chesapeake Bay
- What Is Regenerative Agriculture, and Why Is it Re-Emerging Now?
- Pitching in for the Next Generation of Trees at the Augusta Forestry Center
- Save the Bay News: Ancient Sharks, Jellyfish, and Mighty Mussels
- Four Surprising Facts About Chesapeake Jellyfish
- Freshwater Mussels: Wild, Wonderful, and Waning
- Anglers for Clean Water Stories
- Clean Water Stories
- Earth Day
- Farmer Success Stories
- Fox Island Farewell
- Learn Outside
- Locally Grown
- Nature Journaling
- Photo of the Week
- Slowing the Flow
- State of the Bay
- Student Leadership
- This Month in the Watershed
- This Month on the Bay
- Voices for Clean Water
- Water Quality
- Watershed Watchdogs
- What's Bill Seeing in the Field?
The views and opinions expressed in the media or articles on this site are those of the speakers or authors and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions held by CBF and the inclusion of such information does not imply endorsement by CBF. CBF is not responsible for the contents of any linked Website, or any link contained in a linked Website, or any changes or updates to such Websites. The inclusion of any link is provided only for information purposes.