Professional Learning Credit
Chesapeake Classrooms participants are eligible to receive continuing education credit or documentation of contact hours for successfully completing the course and the course project. Credit documents for summer courses are issued by the end of October to allow for the review and feedback of course projects. Please obtain approval for credit and reimbursement before participating to ensure that the course meets your professional goals.
- District of Columbia: Washington, D.C. teachers are eligible for documentation of 45 contact hours.
- Maryland: Maryland teachers are eligible for 3 Continuing Professional Development (CPD) credits from MSDE. Chesapeake Classrooms Professional Learning Institute MSDE CPD # 21-66-01R.
- Pennsylvania: Pennsylvania teachers are eligible for Act 48 credit hours for courses conducted in Pennsylvania as well as open "watershed-wide" courses.
- Virginia: Virginia teachers are eligible for documentation of 45 contact hours.
- Attend an Online Orientation Session: The orientation session will include important information and preparation for the course.
- Participate in a Five-Day Course: Each participant is expected to thoughtfully and actively engage in every day of the course as demonstrated through discussions, hands-on investigations, and a personal course journal.
- Complete a Course Project: Each course participant is expected to design and submit a plan for developing a Meaningful Watershed Educational Experience (MWEE) with their students using the Environmental Literacy Model (ELM). Course projects are required to be posted to their course's Google Classroom within 2 weeks of the last date of the field course.
Graduate Credit from Mary Baldwin University is available for all 5-day course Chesapeake Classrooms Courses. Additional tuition fees and course work are required. Chesapeake Classrooms courses are considered part of the fall 2022 semester and transcripts are available at the end of December 2022.
Tuition for 3 graduate credits is $802 ($742 for 3 credits, plus a standard $60 technology fee). The cost of graduate credit is in addition to the CBF course fee.
Please see the 2022 MBU Chesapeake Classrooms Syllabus for the additional requirements for the graduate credit.
Instructions for registering for graduate credit can be viewed here.
Questions about credit? Contact Chesapeakeclassrooms@cbf.org.