Save the Bay News: Urban Gardens, Toxic Cleanups, and Community Action
November 18, 2022
Our monthly roundup of engaging and educational content. This month we share resources for how you can get involved in speaking up for the Bay every day.
5-Millionth Tree Marks Milestone for Pennsylvania
November 10, 2022
Trees provide a plethora of benefits to waterways, farms, economies, and people. That makes them a powerful tool as Pennsylvania works to accelerate progress toward its clean water commitments.
It's Time to Finish Cleaning up Chesapeake Bay
November 8, 2022
Those who fight for clean water urge federal and watershed jurisdiction leaders to honor their legal and moral obligations to reduce pollution to the Bay.
Toxic Waste Hits Home in Hampton Roads
November 4, 2022
As EPA plans cleanup, pollution sparks concern in a Portsmouth community. High tides and heavy rains wash floodwaters over the contaminated site in low-lying Hampton Roads, polluting waterways, threatening wildlife, and creating a public health risk.
Let Leaves Be: Hibernation Season Is Near!
November 3, 2022
Letting fallen leaves stay on the ground provides a plethora of benefits to water quality and wildlife, including winter cover for butterflies, bees, and other beneficial pollinators.
A Bay Without Borders
November 1, 2022
Aquaculturist and activist Imani Black is changing the status quo in the oyster world.
Save the Bay Blog November 2022
- Farms Need Support Now, for Their Own Sake and for the Chesapeake Bay
- Save the Bay News: Blue Catfish, Oyster Gardening, and a Trout's Journey
- Many Questions Remain for Blue Crab Outlook
- A Trout’s Journey: Behind the Scenes of Pennsylvania’s Fish Hatcheries
- Oyster Advocates Fight for Better Aquaculture Lease Process
- Fisheries Win in Virginia’s Legislative Session
- Chesapeake Bay Foundation Leader Calls for Shifts in Bay Cleanup
- Virginia Backs Oyster Shell Recycling with New Fund
- Save the Bay News: The Future (and Deep Roots) of Regenerative Farming
- A Family's Legacy Along the Yeocomico
- Black History and the Bay
- Chesapeake Wildlife
- Earth Day
- Farmer Success Stories
- Fox Island Farewell
- History for All
- Honoring Will Baker
- Learn Outside
- Locally Grown
- Nature Journaling
- Save the Bay News
- Slowing the Flow
- State of the Bay
- Student Leadership
- This Month in the Watershed
- This Month on the Bay
- Voices for Clean Water
- Water Quality
- Watershed Watchdogs
- Women's History and the Bay
The views and opinions expressed in the media or articles on this site are those of the speakers or authors and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions held by CBF and the inclusion of such information does not imply endorsement by CBF. CBF is not responsible for the contents of any linked Website, or any link contained in a linked Website, or any changes or updates to such Websites. The inclusion of any link is provided only for information purposes.