Oyster farmers in the Chesapeake Bay not only provide fresh, locally sourced oysters to residents around the watershed—a profitable oyster farming (aquaculture) industry also creates jobs and supports oyster restoration.
We'll meet an economist who contributed to a recently released report on aquaculture and hear directly from an oyster farmer about how he and other farmers have been working hard through the disruption caused by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Please join CBF for this special presentation. Speakers include:
- Allison Colden, CBF Maryland Fisheries Scientist
- Jonathan van Senten, Virginia Tech, Economist
- Scott Budden, Orchard Point Oyster Company, co-owner
Learn more about how local oyster farmers are working to get you oysters at home.
Find out more about:
- Oyster farming and how these oysters get from the farm to your table.
- The Maryland Oyster Economic Report
- Orchard Point Oyster Company
- Chesapeake Oyster Alliance
The Chesapeake Bay Foundation gives permission to academic institutions for these videos to be viewed for educational purposes.