Environmental Education Program Rates for Student Groups
|Environmental Education Program||Min - Max Participants|
(includes teacher & chaperones)
|Arthur Sherwood Environmental Education Program||20 - 30||4th||$220||$500|
|Baltimore Harbor Environmental Education Program||20 - 28||4th||$220||$500|
|Philip Merrill Environmental Education Program||20 - 30/60||4th||$220/$440**||$500/$1000|
|Skipjack Environmental Education Program||20 - 24||5th||$220||$500|
|Washington D. C.|
|Potomac River Environmental Education Program||20 - 30||4th||$220||$500|
|PA Student Action & Restoration||Max 26 canoes/30 land-based||6th||$220||$500|
|Susquehanna Watershed Environmental Education Program||20 - 26||6th||$220||$500|
|Brock Environmental Education Program||30||6th||$220||$500|
|Hampton Roads Environmental Education Program||20 - 30||4th||$220||$500|
|James River Environmental Education Program||20 - 28||4th||$220||$500|
|Elisabeth Reed Carter Environmental Education Program
(canoe: East of I-95 corridor)
|20 - 26||6th||$220||$500|
|Virginia Watershed Environmental Education Program
(canoe: West of I-95 corridor)
|20 - 26||6th||$220||$500|
|Fox Island / Port Isobel WEST Environmental Education Program||15 - 20 (FOX)
|Karen Noonan Memorial Environmental Education Program
|18 - 22||6th||$100/person||$100/person|
|Port Isobel EAST Environmental Education Program||20 - 30||6th||$100/person||$100/person|
|Smith Island Environmental Education Program||20 - 30||6th||$100/person||$100/person|
Additional Information on Program Rates and Billing Procedures
- Fees are flat rate for One-Day Programs and per person rate for Multi-Day Programs.
Deposit and Payment:
- Multi-day programs require a deposit for the minimum number of participants even if you bring less than the minimum. You will be invoiced for participants over the minimum, after the field experience.
- One-day programs require a flat rate deposit/payment.
- Philip Merrill Environmental Education Program may be booked for a single group (max 30) or double group (max 60**). **Double groups receiving "w/ boat (subject to availability)" are charged an additional $100 for boat moving costs.
- Canoes: Moving-water sites accommodate maximum of 23 people. Flat-water sites accommodate maximum of 26 people.
- Island/Multi-day program rates do NOT include food. You are responsible for bringing food for your group + 3 CBF Educators. (sample menus available upon request)
- For Smith, Fox, and Port Isobel Island: program rate includes lodging and the round trip Crisfield, MD (Eastern Shore) ferry. The Smith Point Ferry (Reedville, VA) is available between April 15 and October 15 at a cost of $400 round trip. The Onancock, VA Ferry is also available for $400 round trip, year round.
State Funding Support
For information on state funding for school groups, visit the following links:
- Maryland Schools: Chesapeake Bay Trust or call 410-974-2941.
- Virginia Schools: Virginia Department of Conservation and Recreation
- Pennsylvania Schools: Pennsylvania Department of Education's Meaningful Watershed Mini-Grant Program: (Keyword: EE Grants) or call 717-772-1828.
Application MUST be completed by the lead contact attending the program. Each application should indicate 1st and 2nd choices. Specify request details in "notes" section if needed. Due to demand, we cannot guarantee requested dates. If unable to book your preferences, alternate programs and/or dates will be offered, or your group will be placed on the wait list. Applications received after each season's deadline are subject to program availability.
- Indicate your 1st and 2nd choices.
- Indicate your preferred canoe, boating, or ferry location. See the Field Programs page for current list of sites.
- Click the box on the calendar for each of your UNAVAILABLE dates.
- Indicate how many dates you are requesting for the program.
- Group Size:
The maximum number of participants listed for each program INCLUDES teachers and chaperones. If your group size exceeds the maximum number allowed for a program, you have two options:
- Request two or more programs on the same date, or
- Request the same program on multiple dates.
Select a School Year to get the appropriate form.
2019/2020 School Year (including Summer 2019)
Applications are currently available for the following student one-day and multi-day field programs.
- Summer & Fall 2019 One-Day Programs — Deadline: May 17, 2019
- Summer & Fall 2019, Spring 2020 Multi-Day Programs — Deadline: May 17, 2019
(Opens a new window.)
Once your group is booked, you will receive a confirmation email containing information on the program(s), date(s), and amount due. You must sign and return the confirmation letter and pay for One-Day Programs at least 30 days in advance and Multi-Day Programs at least 45 days in advance of your scheduled date(s).
CANCELLATIONS RECEIVED AFTER THE DEADLINE WILL FORFEIT 50% OF THE PROGRAM FEE
- ONE-DAY program deadline is 30 days prior to scheduled date.
- MULTI-DAY program deadline is 45 days prior to scheduled date.
- MUST email the Education Coordinator or call 800-445-5572 to cancel.
Insufficient notice of cancellation may jeopardize your ability to apply for future programming.
- Eligible refunds (cancellations received prior to the respective 30/45 days deadline) must be requested within 90 days of the cancellation. Refunds/credits may NOT be applied to programs outside of the current season.
- In the event of weather conditions, CBF may cancel the program without penalty to the group.
- Due to the accessibility of the Karen Noonan Center (KNC), the above weather policy does not apply. If KNC is part of multiple island centers booked at the same time, the deposit is non-refundable.